Typinator 8.5 Multilingual macOS | 7.04 MB
Type a little. Typinator does the rest.
We’ve all faced projects that require repetitive typing tasks. With Typinator, you can store commonly used text and images in quick keywords and abbreviations. From email templates to code snippets to website URLs, there’s no easier way to recreate repetitive text at a moment’s notice.
- Uncomplicated configuration. Quickly and easily create abbreviations and assign replacement text and pictures.
- Simplified migration. If you already use TextExpander, TypeIt4Me, or a similar app, you can migrate to the highly praised Typinator using simple drag-and-drop importation methods.
- Conversion options. Instantly convert currency values, measurement units and more.
- Extensive app compatibility. Your text expansions function in all of your OS X apps with lightning-fast precision.
- New “statistics mode” shows how often abbreviations have been used and when they were used most recently.
- “Magic keys”: Short presses of modifier keys (⌃⇧⌥⌘) can now be used as parts of abbreviations, as if they were real characters.
- Reorganized editing of expansions in the Typinator window with embedded graphical menu bar and larger expansion area.
- The contents of the expansion field can now be zoomed.
- New technique for specifying the language to be used for date elements (day and month names) now supports multiple languages in the same expansion.
- It is now possible to specify the time zone to be used for date and time markers.
- Integration with PopChar: When PopChar 8.2 or newer is installed, Typinator’s Quick Search can find and insert Unicode characters by name or number.
- In the list of Quick Search matches, the abbreviation column is now adjusted to the longest abbreviation.
- The list of Quick Search matches now displays the actual picture for picture expansions.
- Many built-in functions (Uppercase, Lowercase, Capital, Left, Right, Mid, Repeat, Choose, List, Any, Case, Replace, Regex, Extract) now maintain the text styles in formatted text.
- Improved handling of the splitter between the lists and the expansion area.
- Description texts in input forms now accept basic markdown formatting (currently supports bold, italic, and links).
- Typinator remembers the location of form windows separately for forms of different sizes.
- In addition to the backspace key, the forward delete key can now also be used to clear hotkeys in Typinator’s preferences.
- Typinator’s scripting vocabulary now includes statistical information (total number of expansions and corrections, saved keystrokes, average typing speed).
- The minimum system requirement has been increased to OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion).
- Removed the redundant Close button at the bottom of the Typinator window.
- Typinator now disables itself for text typed in Alfred’s search field.
- Improved handling of situations where a copy of Typinator was already running when a new instance was launched.
- The diagnostics report now contains information about the set folder path and all foreground and background processes.
- Internal reorganization of localizations ensures compatibility with future versions of macOS.
- Internal cleanup of legacy techniques that are no longer needed or supported.
- Typinator now asks for permission when running a script that reads or writes contact information.
- Compatibility with Microsoft’s Edge browser.
- Updated listing of non-standard settings in the diagnostics report.
- Improved handling of cases when subscriptions could not be updated.
- Localized messages for subscription checks.
- Although the Notes field of subscribed sets is read-only, it is now possible to select text and copy it to the clipboard.
- In the expansion field, the key combination shift-tab can be used to decrease indentation of list items in formatted text.
- Fixes a cosmetic issue with the automatic scroll bar in the expansion field.
- Fixes a problem with multi-line text fields in input forms, where some form fields were not large enough for the specified number of lines.
- Works around a problem with import of snippet files from recent versions of TextExpander.
- Fixes a cursor positioning issue in the Brave Browser.
- Improved internal checks to detect and avoid certain critical conditions.
- Fixes a problem with overlapping items in the About window.
- Works around cursor positioning issues in Typora and Front.
- Works around a layout problem after changing screen resolutions.
- Fixes incompatibilities with Catalina.
Compatibility: Mac OS X 10.6 or newer