Better Blocker 2020.2 macOS | 13.16 MB
Better Blocker 2020.2 is a privacy tool for Safari that protects you from trackers and privacy-eroding ads on the web.
Make your web experience safer, lighter, and faster in Safari on Mac.
How is Better different?
- Blocks tracking scripts, tracking pixels, and behavioural advertising.
- Uses our unique, hand-curated, and open tracker database based on our own web crawls. Browse the encyclopaedia-like tracker entries on our web site if you fancy learning more.
- We identify and block the most prevalent trackers. This makes Better’s block list lightweight and effective.
- We base our blocking decisions on the principles of the Ethical Design Manifesto (https://ind.ie/ethical-design).
- Developed and curated by Ind.ie – that’s Laura and Aral – a tiny two-person-and-one-husky not-for-profit striving for social justice in the digital age.
- Open, transparent, and free as in freedom.
- Improves the readability of popular web sites.
- Spotlights the worst offenders… Did you know that the worst site we found on the web had 172 trackers? Better blocks them all and makes that site 4× lighter and 15.8× faster!
- Blocks blocker blockers (try saying that quickly a few times!) Whenever we can, we try to protect you from sites that try to put you at risk by forcing you to turn off your privacy tools.
- Exceptions enable you to turn Better off for sites that don’t play well with Better. Easily contact us about those sites so we can fix the experience for everyone.
In the last update, we informed you that that version would be the last update to Better under the Ind.ie account as we are moving to Small Technology Foundation. Since then, Apple has stepped in and answered our call for help so we can keep updating the app from our current account.
What this means for you:
- Everything will continue as before, you don’t need to do anything.
- This app will continue to get updates.
- At some point, you will see our organisation name change from Ind.ie (Article 12) to Small Technology Foundation.
Compatibility: OS X 10.10.5 or later, 64-bit processor