SimpleMind Pro Full Edition Desktop is a mind-mapping tool that turns your Mac into a brainstorming, idea-collecting, and thought-structuring device. It connects to the similar SimpleMind for iPhone/iPad app.
SimpleMind Features (Full Edition):
– Unique Free lay-out to organize your ideas exactly how you want it.
– Horizontal auto layout, perfect for brainstorming
– Three additional auto-layouts; Vertical, top down and list.
– Virtually unlimited page size and unlimited elements. Create as many Mind Maps as you want.
– Make multiple Mind Maps on one page.
– Use single select or select multiple elements at once.
– Add topics and sibling easily. Drag, rotate (re)arrange or reconnect topics or branches.
– Share the Mind Map as .pdf, image, outline, freemind or opml.
– Copy Outline Text places entire mind map as text on device clipboard. (Not for iPad/iPhone)
– Add notes to topics, ideal to add long texts without cluttering your Mind Map.
– Add images or photos.
– Supports play back of video recordings made with iPad/iPhone.
– Supports play back of Voice Memo’s made with iPad/iPhone/Android.
– Use the preinstalled stock icons or add as many custom icons as you want.
– Add labels to topics and relations.
– Add Links to documents or webpages. (The Mac edition from the AppStore does not support linking to your computer due to Apple’s security policies)
– Add Links to Mind Maps or a specific topic.
– Desktop only: Use the bookmarks of a PDF to import pdf as a linked mind map, ideal for a quick start. (AppStore edition only via Dropbox, due to Apple’s security policies)
– Collapse or expand branches
– Hide or show individual Topics or branches
– Show Branch Borders to highlight a branch.
– Use checkboxes, crosslinks and auto numbering
– Search for Mind Maps containing text.
– Desktop only: Advanced search options in Mind Map editor: search for checkbox state (unchecked, checked) or icon.
– Organize Mind Maps in Folders.
– Navigation History
Change the style and color for the whole mind map at up to a single element.
– Apply our pre-defined style sheets, choose between levels or branch based colors.
– Create custom style sheets with SimpleMind Desktop and use it on all platforms. Customise colors, lines and borders. (needs SimpleMind for Desktop).
– Customize background color.
– Pick colors from the style color palette or choose custom colors.
– Seamless synchronisation across platforms using Dropbox
– Sync mind maps safely to Dropbox
– ImportMind Maps. Opens native .smmx, .opml and freemind files. SimpleMind for Desktop: import PDF bookmarks.
– Export / Import all local Mind Maps in a single archive, ideal for backups.
– Create New (linked) Mind Map from selection.
Compatibility: OS X 10.8or later
Home Page – http://www.simpleapps.eu/simplemind/desktop/osx