Time Machine is the backup solution integrated by Apple into his system. With its automatic operation and easy implementation, this is a very good solution to secure your data.
Back-In-Time solution was initially created to improve navigation and retrieval functions of the data backed up by Time Machine which, in our view, are very limited and insufficient, impractical and with very restricted visibility in what is done and can be done.
Back-In-Time indicates the number of different versions of each file found in all of the backups (including inside several Time Machine disks). It shows the size and date of each version, and you can:
- Preview each of these versions.
- Open directly each version in the application of your choice.
- Copy or drag and drop one of these versions at your desired location on the original disk as well as on any mounted disk.
Restore Time Machine data
Time Machine is a great basic backup tool, but the options for locating and restoring data are quite limited. Back-In-Time gives you total flexibility in locating and recovering your data to any location on your Mac.
New in Back-In-Time 5 (compared to version 4)
- Add APFS compatibility.
- Add snapshots when Local Time Machine backups are analyzed.
- New feature to make a copy of all the different versions of selected files existing in the backups.
- New user interface.
- Improved navigation and search features.
- Original contents browser: to compare the contents of your Mac with the Time Machine backups.
- Export a contents of a backup to a text file.
- Compare two exported contents.
- Ability to use Back-In-Time without administrator privileges.
Transcend Time Machine restoration possibilities
- See the number of versions of each document, the deleted items, etc.
- Drag and Drop Time Machine data to any location in your Mac.
- Access Time Machine backups from multiple disks and from other Macs.
- Create Virtual Time Machine disks to browse unavailable Time Machine backups (old Time Machine disks, Time Machine backups from other Macs, etc.).
- And much more…
- Access and preview the contents of any Time Machine backup.
- Handle multiple Time Machine backup disks.
- Restore data to its original location—or anywhere else.
- Copy data to any location of your choice.
- Copy all versions from all backups.
- Drag and drop restore.
- Restore files, folders, or entire disks.
- Build-in graphical comparison function to compare the contents of two files, or two versions of the same file.
- Preview different backup versions with QuickLook.
- See how many backed-up versions are available for each file.
- See deleted items, with date of last backup.
- Browse through all Time Machine backup.
- Open multiple browser windows.
- Access backups made on other Macs.
- Create Virtual Disk to browse Time Machine backups from other Macs or from old Time Machine disks.
- See history of each backup (how much data was copied).
- Calculate the space really occupied on the Time Machine disk by the backups of each file, application and folder.
- Combine the backups of multiple disks to display and handle the backups of different disks or Mac as a unique set of backups.